Terms & Conditions
This agreement is a contract between the customer ("you") and the Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology ABN 49 781 030 034 of 124 La Trobe Street, Melbourne VIC 3000 (“RMIT”, “we”, “us”, and “our”). The terms and conditions under which you may purchase products from in person from the RMIT Store or online at https://www.store.rmit.edu.au/ (“Website”) are set out below.
- The entire agreement between you and RMIT for the purchase of good by you from RMIT comprises of: these terms and conditions and the terms of the order you complete with RMIT, if any (the Agreement).
- Any order placed by you in the manner described in these terms and conditions is an offer by you to purchase goods. The agreement exists between you and RMIT once RMIT receives and accepts an order. No obligation to sell or supply the goods will arise until the order is received and accepted by RMIT. Each order may be accepted by RMIT at its absolute discretion. Each order is a separate agreement.
- All goods sold by the RMIT Store are for personal consumption only and not intended for resale
Ordering goods and payment
- You will place an order with RMIT online by selecting the goods on the Website and placing them in your cart, entering your information (including personal and payment details), choosing your shipping option and pressing the ‘pay now’ button.
- You will place an order with RMIT in store by selecting the goods and paying for them at the counter.
- You must pay for the goods at the time you order. Mastercard, Visa, and UnionPay are accepted at RMIT.
- Title to the goods purchased from RMIT online does not pass from RMIT to you until we receive payment in full for the goods.
- Risk of loss or damage to the goods passes to you upon delivery to your address.
- RMIT Store vouchers are valid for a period of 36 months from the date of issue only. RMIT will not accept expired vouchers as a form of payment.
- The price you will pay for the goods shall be the price specified on the Website or marked on the goods in store, as applicable. All prices are in Australian dollars (unless otherwise indicated) and inclusive of GST.
- RMIT prices displayed on the Website are current at the time of issue but may change at any time without notice. The price payable by you for the goods will be the price applicable on the date the goods are confirmed as ordered.
- You also agree to pay the delivery and handling fee including goods and services tax (Australia only) which RMIT is required to collect from you. You are liable for all import duties, customs and local sales taxes levied by the country you are shipping to payment of these is necessary to release your order from customs arrival.
- Cancellations or changes to online orders will only be accepted at our absolute discretion, and once your goods have been dispatched, they will be delivered to the stated delivery address. Changes may include but are not limited to: change of delivery address; changes to colours and sizes; adding or removing items; applying discounts or rewards; or full order cancellations.
Shipping and delivery
- RMIT ship Australia-wide and to a range of international locations. RMIT does not offer free shipping regardless of the amount you spend at the RMIT Store; you will be responsible for any shipping costs.
- RMIT do not do partial deliveries of orders placed. For example - if you order more than one item in the same order, RMIT will ship all items purchased within that order to you together, once available.
- Anyone at the delivery address who receives the goods shall be presumed by RMIT to be authorised to receive the goods on your behalf. If there is no-one at the delivery address at time of delivery, you will need to make alternative arrangements regarding a suitable time with the carrier. You may be required to pay an additional fee. Deliveries will occur between 9am-6pm Monday to Friday. Exact times cannot be given.
Further details regarding our shipping and delivery processes are in the FAQs section here.
Change of mind
- Under Australian Consumer Law, RMIT are not obliged to provide a refund or exchange for goods due to ‘change of mind’.
- RMIT do not refund due to change of mind, but RMIT may provide an exchange. See clause 6 below.
Promotion or sale items
- Subject to clauses 6(b) and 7 below, and our obligations under the Australian Consumer Law, goods on sale are final and may not be refunded.
- ‘Special Orders’ are those which have been custom made or which RMIT have ordered specifically for you. These include, without limitation, course name badges, course uniforms, course equipment and custom-made goods.
- Please choose carefully as RMIT do not provide refunds or exchanges for Special Orders, subject to clause 7 below and our obligations under the Australian Consumer Law. Where there is a manufacturing fault with your Special Order, we will contact the supplier on your behalf if you choose to receive an exchange.
- Please read all details on the ‘product page’ of the relevant good for specific details on how to place Special Orders.
Damaged or faulty items
- RMIT will never knowingly send damaged or faulty items. If you have received the wrong item(s), an item has arrived damaged or faulty, or an item in any way does not meet the consumer guarantees under the Australian Consumer Law, please complete and RMIT Store Return Form and contact RMIT via email at firstname.lastname@example.org to further discuss your order so we can resolve your issue as quickly as possible.
- Refunds will be processed to the same credit card as used for the original online order.
- Change of mind
Change of mind
- RMIT may enable you to exchange your goods due to change of mind. If you want to exchange your goods, please email the RMIT Store at email@example.com within 14 days of receiving you goods with proof or purchase and a completed RMIT Store Return Form.
- RMIT will promptly evaluate all requests on a case-by-case basis. In assessing your request, RMIT will take into account:
- whether the goods have all original tags and any sewn labels still attached;
- whether the goods are in an unworn and unused state; and
- our ability to resell the item.
- If RMIT do accept your ‘change of mind’ return request, then: you will be liable for postage costs;
- items must be in as new condition and accompanied by a copy of the original tax invoice or RMIT Store dispatch notification; and
- items must be packed carefully into a secure satchel/carton with original accessories, and warranty card (where supplied).
- RMIT does not accept responsibility for non-delivered parcels, so a track and trace freight method is recommended for items being returned by mail.
- Change of mind
- Promotion or sale items
- Subject to clause 7 below and our obligations under the Australian Consumer Law, sale items are final and may not be exchanged.
- Australian Consumer Law Consumer Guarantee Rights
- RMIT’s goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law.
- You are entitled to your choice out of a replacement or refund for a Major Failure and for compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. A ‘Major Failure’ includes situations where:
- the goods are unsafe;
- the goods look significantly different from the sample or description, sample or demonstration model;
- the goods do not do what they said they would or what you asked for, and cannot be easily fixed; or
- the goods have a problem that would have stopped someone from buying the goods if they had known about it.
- You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure. If the problem is not major, we will repair the item within a reasonable time. If it is not repaired in a reasonable time, you can choose a refund or replacement. Alternatively, you can choose to keep the item and we will compensate you for any drop-in value.
Disclaimer and liability
- To the extent permitted by law (including under the Australian Consumer Law), you agree that any liability of RMIT to you arising out of or in connection with this Agreement is limited to the repair or replacement of the goods or the re-supply of equivalent goods (or paying the cost of any of these).
- You agree that the entire risk arising out of your use of the RMIT Store remains with you. To the extent permitted by law (including under the Australian Consumer Law), in no event will RMIT, its officers, employees or agents be liable for any consequential or indirect loss or damage, any loss of business or revenue, loss of profit, loss of opportunity, loss of data, loss of goodwill or loss of business reputation arising out of or in connection with the supply of goods under this Agreement, unless that liability is imposed under the Australian Consumer Law.
- This Agreement is not intended to exclude, restrict or modify any right which you have at law which may not be excluded, restricted or modified by agreement (including under the Australian Consumer Law).
9. Pick Up Order
- If you select in-store pick up for your order, you will receive a written communication from RMIT when your order is ready for pick up. You must collect your order within 30 days after receipt of the ready for collection notification. If you fail to collect your order within this period, we may cancel your order and issue a full refund to your original form of payment.
- In the event you are unable to collect your order, you may email the RMIT Store at firstname.lastname@example.org (using the email address used to place your order) with a written authority for a nominee to collect your order on your behalf (Pick Up Nominee).
- The email must include the name and contact details of the Pick Up Nominee. The Pick Up Nominee will need to bring a government issued photo ID and order number for pickup.
- RMIT is not responsible for actions taken by the Pick Up Nominee once your order has been picked up.